Lana Parrilla greets fans in Beverly Hills before the 38th Annual Gracie Awards Gala [x]
just a friendly reminder that for over a hundred years, pit bulls used to be referred to as “the nanny dog” and their main job was as babysitters.
- in temperance tests (the equivalent of how many times your kid can poke your dog in the eye before it bites him) of all breeds the most tolerant was the golden retriever. the second most tolerant was the pit bull. temperament evaluations by the american temperament test society give american pit bull terriers a very high passing rate of 82.6%, while the average passing rate for the other 121 dog breeds tested was only 77%.
- pit bulls are not naturally human aggressive. in fact pit bull puppies prefer human company to their mother’s two weeks before all other dogs.
- no spayed/neutered, indoor pit bull has ever killed a person.
- contrary to the popular myth, pit bulls DO NOT have locking jaws.
- approximately 6000 pit bulls are put to death every day, by far the highest number of any breed euthanized.
This message is so important.
I’ve never met a pitbull that wasn’t adorable and affectionate, and I know quite a few.
I miss my Bucko. He was my baby boy.
I work at a no kill animal shelter, and many of the kennels are filled with pit bulls and pit bull mixes. They are so sweet and love getting attention, and there is only one that has behavioral issues, but they are not aggression problems. I never once met a vicious pit bull, and my best friend’s sister had the absolute sweetest pit bull ever, all she wanted to do was play fetch and she would drop the ball in my hand.